When I think of my two visits to Belfast I often re-call and probably sang more than I should have the lyrics of Black Velvet Band:
Her eyes they shone like the diamonds You’d think she was queen of the land
And her hair hung over her shoulder
Tied up with a black velvet band.
In a neat little town they call Belfast
Apprenticed to trade I was bound
And many an hour’s sweet happiness
I spent in that neat little town.
Till bad misfortune came o’er me
That caused me to stray from the land
Far away from my friends and relations
To follow the black velvet band.
An early morning led us to the City Center, where we decided we would do some shopping.
After a walk through the enchanted forest we took the Hyundai Getz to the coast. A one-hour drive on very narrow roads led us to Kinsale, Ireland.
- Don’t forget your local Farmer’s Market! (centralvalleylinks.com)
- VIDEO: Land & Sea goes to the farmers’ market (cbc.ca)
- Farmers Markets: Hubs for Entrepreneurs (managemymarket.com)
- Experiencing the Newfoundland – Ireland Connection (liveruralnl.com)
- A quiet evening at the Pub – Cork, Ireland (liveruralnl.com)