I love art that comes from the local region. These past few days I have been able to visit gift shops and talk with some local artists about their wares. I have purchased a hodgepodge of Newfoundlandia, including sealskin miniatures, snowshoes, Labradorite, prints, shells, rocks, pottery and more. The region has so much to offer! Including Conche, NL – the new venue for the Centre for Textile Art at the French Shore Culture Centre.
I have purchased artwork in the past by this local Conche artist, but was greatly impressed by her newest additions displayed in the photo below:
Her work brings to life in vibrant colours the icebergs and outports. These miniature pieces of art have their own easels and can be put on display. They may remind you of a time when you saw these icebergs in person on a past visit to Rural Newfoundland & Labrador.
One can purchase these products at Stage Cove B&B and Bits-n-Pieces Cafe, Conche, NL. This business is a wonderful place to grab a cup of joe, many mouth-watering appetizers, excellent soup de jour or my favourite – a sweet dessert.
If you are fortunate enough to find yourself in Conche – please do not pass up a meal at the cafe and you too can fall in love with the talent of a local artist.
Live Rural NL –
Christopher C. Mitchelmore
- Caring for the Birds – Conche, NL (liveruralnl.com)
- Trekking the French Shore with the Swiss – Conche, NL (liveruralnl.com)
- Massive Icebergs on the Loose in Goose Cove, NL – Draw Crowds (liveruralnl.com)
- News Release: The French Shore Historical Society To Launch The Centre For Textile Art (liveruralnl.com)
- Icebergs Again in Goose Cove, NL (liveruralnl.com)