Dissolved yeast in 1 cup lukewarm water, to which the 2 tsp. sugar has already been added.
- 2 cups luke-warm water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 pkg. raisins
- 12 cups flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp salt
- Combine 3 cups of lukewarm water, molasses and melted butter.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add raisins to dry ingredients.
- Stir dissolved yeast into molasses mixture.
- Stir flour mixture into molasses mixture and knead for 10-12 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise until it doubles in size, which will take approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Divide dough to form into loaves.
- Place in greased loaf pans and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour. Baking time may vary.
- When you take hot bread from oven, remove from pan, grease with butter and let cool.
Enjoy Your Molasses Raisin Bread!
Christopher C. Mitchelmore
- Recipes From Grandma Pearl – Raisin Buns (liveruralnl.com)